I am a little weird, but I like to start talking about Halloween costume ideas in August/September. I like to have time to design, create and figure out how to make the costumes work and try to pace myself, so it is not so much work. This was the first year that Anna and Kirsten agreed on characters from the same movie. So I decided to capitalize on it and make it a family costume year. Jonathan was so thrilled that he got a costume too. Usually I am too busy making costumes for the girls that the adults are an after-thought, thrown together the day before or the evening of. It was so fun to pull it all together!!!
By the way, special thanks go out to Granni Wendy who made most of the Glenda dress and to my mom who finished her PhD doctoral defense on Tuesday, Oct 27th and then helped me finish the scarecrow shirt and Glenda's dress before Friday. I couldn't have done it without those wonderful women!!!

Here's the family!
Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

Glenda, the Good Witch!

I don't think this scarecrow would scare much, but she sure is cute!

Dorothy knows which way to go!

The girls with their cousin Ty at the trunk or treat, taking a ride in the train!

Another quick family shot, our scarecrow was so tired by this point!

The girls with Power Ranger Ty and Cowboy Preston. Ty was very proud of those muscles. Ethan didn't even make it into his Spiderman costume.

Kirsten was absolutely amazed when she saw another Glenda...she had to have a picture! Which one is the real one?
3 comments:
Love your costumes! You are so talented!
Those are the most amazing costumes ever! I love when families can match. Did you when the costume contest? You should have.
hahaha I can't spell. Did you WIN the costume contest? is what I meant to say.
Post a Comment