Family Slideshow

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Four Christmases...oh wait that is a movie :)

This was the year of Four Christmases for us. We celebrated Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house and had a wonderful ham dinner with all the side dishes you could imagine! Followed by Kirsten's debut as "Mary" in the Nativity. Anna was an angel and Carissa was our "fallen" angel, she tripped a few times. Mason was a "rebel" angel...he didn't want to stand by the other angels and Megan did a beautiful job as "Joseph".

The Nativity scene. Notice the gameboy, I don't think that would have been a part of the real Nativity thousands of years ago, but we modernized it!

We performed Angels We Have Heard on High...I made the costumes that day...I guess I felt I was caught up on all the Christmas gifts and was feeling very creative.


Cute family pose


Our second Christmas was Christmas morning and afternoon at our own house. This was the first time in our whole married life where we spent a majority of the day at our own house. It was so fun to play with all the games and toys and totally devote our attention to our girls.
Our Three Princesses holding their "Oranges". They didn't quite understand why anyone would want an orange in their stocking...bring on the candy.

The girls are thanking each other for their gifts! They got to go shopping for each other's gift this year, and boy was that fun to watch.


Helping daddy put together his Star Wars Lego set! So fun!!!

Our third Christmas was at my family's house in the evening where we loved doing our traditional present opening one person at a time. Everyone oohed and aahed. So fun to keep up the same things I remember as a kid. We had a few new foods added to the meal and I made everyone try my jello...because jello always gets left out :( We had a great time talking and hanging out. Everyone was enjoying themselves and relaxed! It was a great night. By the way, I love the game-watching "Mavericks" blanket...thanks Mom.
Cute family...
Candid shot, dosen't everyone look so good!
Yeah, more barbies...they are Giselle barbies, that makes them different.
We wrapped Andrew's present about 10 times, so it was fun to watch him laugh as he opened each layer.
My wonderful parents! I love you both!

So I can cuddle up during those cold Mav game nights! YIPPEE!!! Thanks Mom and Dad!


Our fourth and final Christmas happened the 26th where we went out to my father-in-law's house and made homemade tamales. We spent the evening with Jonathan's step-siblings and all his real siblings as well. Guitar Hero was a main attraction of the night, so it was a true party scene.


In my family we are always trying to buy or make meaningful gifts for each other. I think that is part of the stress I feel about the gift because I want it to be perfect for the person. Well, this year I made my parents get teary-eyed over the gift and my father-in-law and his wife got teary-eyed over their gift as well. I count it a very successful gift-giving Christmas!


Thank you to all my family and Jonathan's family for the wonderful celebrations of the Savior's birth. It was a perfect combination of family time combined with wonderful food, conversation and meaningful exchanges of gifts! I love you all!!!

6 comments:

Jess said...

It is so fun to see your blog! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Toni said...

I love homemade gift ideas. You must share! Love your blog!

cswelchkins said...

Meredith, I love your blog. Its so fun to see how your family has grown. Hopefully, I will stay in touch with you better in the future. My best to the fam, Colleen

kim said...

How funny - I was on Terin's blog today and found yours. Cute! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

Ariana said...

Hey, I'm glad you posted your blog on facebook because now I can keep up with your family. Spencer's not so good at letting me know:)
I'm glad you had a fun Christmas. Aren't the holidays wonderful?

the S family said...

How fun! I am so glad you are blogging now, isn't it awesome! Glad you enjoyed all four of your Christmases, unlike the movie!