
So, this is the first year I got to participate in a real school Valentine party! It was so fun!!! I was a little bit over the top, but I had a blast and I spent a minimal amount of money :) I used my mad bow making skills to make every girl a hairbow. The kids all got pencil topper stamps (which to the teacher's dismay were used on every square inch of one of the boys body...how did I know the boys would do that). The party was without a doubt a sugar fest full of cupcakes with more frosting than cake, capri suns, cookies, fun dip (yikes!), Hershey kisses, and some fruit and crackers (which were both overlooked by most of the kids).


Let me paint a picture...I was sitting at the end of Kirsten's table. The kids were bouncing off the wall around me, but my Carissa was sitting in her stroller happily and Anna was sitting on a chair with the best manners and Kirsten was eating her fruit! I was a very proud mother at this point especially since I had even thought of buying them matching Valentine shirts. Then Anna asked for a cupcake, so I gave her one. Well the room was warm and the cupcakes had warmed so the frosting was slightly melted. As Anna went to take a bite, the entire mound of frosting slid off the cupcake and landed in her lap. The kids all hurried to get napkins and I grabbed my wipes and picked up the gloob of frosting (that of course stained my fingers pink for two days). The teacher came over to check on us, but I had it under control. I was so proud of Anna because she did not get upset, instead she continued to eat the cupcake and even stated "Mom, I didn't want frosting on it anyways." Always the optimist! She walked around with a big wet and pink stain on her skirt and didn't complain.
No comments:
Post a Comment