Family Slideshow

Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Thirty, Flirty and Thriving"

So, this was the big year! It was so much more than I could have ever imagined! Thanks to my wonderful siblings and my fantastic husband Jonathan it was the best weekend of my life!

A few months ago I started to think about my 30th birthday and I had decided it would be fun to show up somewhere and totally surprise everyone, so it was either cut my hair into some crazy hairdo or dye it blonde. I went for the second option. My sisters came over and we had a fun girls' day! It was quite the experience and I still look at myself in the mirror and ask myself "Who is that?"















Saturday night, I had a surprise party/dinner at La Hacienda Ranch. Not only was I surprised and shocked, everyone there was surprised at my new hair. First off I was flattered that everyone would spend their evening with me, so thank you to all of you. Secondly I was flattered by all the compliments I got. Thank you to everyone that was there! You all made it the best party of my life!













Afterwards we played laser tag, another thing on my to do before I am 30 list.


I created quite the rockus at church on Sunday. Many people did not even recognize me. Again I got so many compliments. I think I am getting used to seeing myself with this hair. My Young Women remembered my birthday and sang Happy Birthday to me! It was fun and refreshing to see so many of my friends on my "real" birthday date :)


Sunday night we watched the superbowl and had my parents over for dinner (Which my mom had made the night before while watching my kids...thanks mom!) and we enjoyed a yummy and well-decorated cake...thanks K, A and C!




One of my favorite gifts Jonathan gave me a DVD of the actual Josh Groban concert we went to two years ago. The concert was an amazing experience that I will always remember and now I can really relive it anytime I want to. By the way, it looks awesome on our big screen with the surround sound...I have already tried it.



The only thing I regret from the weekend is that it had to end :( It was fabulous and more than I could have asked for me! It will be hard to top this one...I wonder what I will do for my 40th birthday...what surprise am I going to give everyone?

5 comments:

Alison said...

happy birthday!! i like your new hair-do

Stephanie said...

I LOVE IT! Your hair is SOOOO cute!!! Way to take a chance and have it turn out so cute...although I think you could have colored it blue and it would have turned out cute! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

T-bit said...

Glad you had an awesome birthday! I was happy to be able to tell you how HOT you are!!! Love ya! You make 30 look to good!!! For real!

JustUs said...

WOW and WOW again! I absolutely love your hair! You are stunning! I'm glad you had an awesome 30th and were spoiled! You deserve it! As for 40...bite your tongue! 30 is one thing, but I thought about where I'll be at 40! It's not a pretty sight! Brayton will be older than I was when I got married! Anyway...Happy Happy Happy Birthday! Love ya...

Shannon said...

I love your hair!! It is very very flattering! I am glad that your 30th rocked!